Friday, March 26, 2010

Less Than A Week To Go

I only have 6 days left until I take off on my journey. I'm really starting to get a bit nervous. Even though it seems like I'm just taking an extremely long vacation, it means a lot more than that to me.

This trip could really change me. I really want this trip to change me. I need it to clear my head, open my heart and free my mind. Its a lot to expect out of a vacation but, IT'S WHAT I NEED TO HAPPEN.

To make things worse, its now going to be a lot harder to leave Vegas. A few days ago my main relationship here was, as always, rocky. Not really sure if we were even going to exchange phone conversations while I was gone. But, over the past few days, things have gone from bad to beyond amazing. I'm so happy here now and I haven't been. It makes me even think about not going on the trip. I worry if things could be the same when I get back. I do know that if I didn't leave on this trip I would regret it for the rest of my life.

So I prepare. Don't even know what to prepare for. Hell, I still don't even really have a solid idea of where I am going in the US. I'm a whole lot scared and a little bit excited.

I'm still trying to get concrete plans in Boston and New York City. Would love to spend some time on someone's couch there.

So. . . 6 more days. That's it. 6 more days, and then my life changes. I go from making meatloaf and doing the laundry everyday to living out of a backpack and being a nomad. AND BEING ALONE. Maybe that's what I am really afraid of. I'm doing this alone. I don't think I have ever been alone. I don't like being alone. But I need to do this, for me, for my sanity.

As I said before, JUST 6 MORE DAYS!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of ours left 4 years ago to drive all over the US. He said he would be back in a few months. He just came back last July. He had so many stories to tell. We are still hearing stories. I love hearing adventurous stories. You know you're going to have to do this again right? You're going to have to go back to the east coast in the fall.. I hear it's beautiful. Especially in Maine. For what it's worth I am proud of you, and proud to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete