Thursday, April 1, 2010

Landed in Albuquerque

So, I landed in Albuquerque. One major thing I forgot? HOW BAD MY ALLERGIES ARE HERE! I haven't been able to breathe since I got off the plane. Gives me plenty of time to practice the long lost art of the snot rocket I guess.



Looking at the town flying in I was reminded of one of the reasons why I left. Everything everywhere is brown. Brown houses, brown yards, even brown cars. Kind of depressing.



But this time around I am not going to look at this town the way I normally do. I am determined to discover the good in this town. Find the things that make Albuquerque such a great place. The things that make people actually want to vacation here.



I started it off right with a green chile cheeseburger from Blakes. I have been making green chile cheeseburgers at home for awhile now but Blake's is the way it was suppose to be. Damn near perfect. I am having a feeling that even though my intentions are to lose some weight on this trip, it is probably going to have to wait until I leave Albuquerque.



I am also wondering if the 30 people or so I know here are going to want to hang out at all or even return a phone call. As much as I would like to think that I am going to reconnect with long lost friends on this trip I have to realize that for the most part I am going to be flying solo.



Leaving today was pretty damn hard. Saying goodbye to Jason was a nightmare. Damn him for making Vegas so much fun lately. I really hope our friendship stays just as strong when I get back. The excitement of the trip hasn 't really set in. Still pretty sad about having to say goodbye.



Tomorrow shall be filled with breakfast burritos, walking dogs, possibly a tattoo convention and of course tons of pictures.



Day 1 has been good. And the rest of the days shall be better, nothing less than an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment